What Is ChiRunning?
To me, it is freedom. Freedom from pain and injury. Freedom to explore where ever I am. Freedom to move in balance. - Cheryl Lloyd
ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of T’ai Chi with the power and energy of running to reduce the forceful impact of running and make it safer, easier and more joyful. The same principles can be applied to walking which is an excellent way to begin a new exercise program or ease into running.
Through the practice of ChiRunning and ChiWalking you will learn to use the two forces that act against every runner and walker to your advantage: gravity and the ground coming at you. When you learn to work with these two forces, you can move with fluidity, balance, and power. Which leads to efficiency, reduced impact and, therefore, less risk of injury. THAT is the joy of Moving In Balance!
Here is an excellent video that explains ChiRunning by Certified Instructor, David Stretansky:
And another excellent video that illustrates the "Gears" concept by ChiRunning Certified Instructor, Ryan Miller:
- About Cheryl
Workshops & Events
- ChiRunning FREE TALK at REI in RENO August 23, 2017
- ChiRunning FREE TALKS in LAS VEGAS at REIs August 29 & 30 2017
- ChiRunning FREE TALK at REI in ROSEVILLE, CA September 12, 2017
- RENO ChiRunning Clinic September 30, 2017
- Hills & Trails RENO October 1 2017
- LAS VEGAS ChiRunning Clinic October 21, 2017
- Hills & Trails LAS VEGAS October 22, 2017
- What Is ChiRunning?