What Is ChiRunning?
To me, it is freedom. Freedom from pain and injury. Freedom to explore where ever I am. Freedom to move in balance. - Cheryl Lloyd
ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of T’ai Chi with the power and energy of running to reduce the forceful impact of running and make it safer, easier and more joyful. The same principles can be applied to walking which is an excellent way to begin a new exercise program or ease into running.
Through the practice of ChiRunning and ChiWalking you will learn to use the two forces that act against every runner and walker to your advantage: gravity and the ground coming at you. When you learn to work with these two forces, you can move with fluidity, balance, and power. Which leads to efficiency, reduced impact and, therefore, less risk of injury. THAT is the joy of Moving In Balance!
Here is an excellent video that explains ChiRunning by Certified Instructor, David Stretansky:
And another excellent video that illustrates the "Gears" concept by ChiRunning Certified Instructor, Ryan Miller:
Workshops & Events
- ChiRunning FREE TALK at REI in RENO September 5 2018
- ChiRunning FREE TALK at REI in Roseville, CA September 11, 2018
- RENO ChiRunning Clinic October 13, 2018
- RENO Hills & Trails October 14, 2018
- FOLSOM (Sacramento) ChiRunning Clinic October 20, 2018
- FOLSOM (Sacramento) Hills & Trails October 21 , 2018
- LAS VEGAS ChiRunning Clinic November 3, 2018
- Hills & Trails LAS VEGAS November 4, 2018
- About Cheryl
- What Is ChiRunning?